At Active Fire Management our fire warden training courses area designed to provide fire wardens and fire marshals with the sufficient knowledge and skills on fire safety to undertake their roles effectively and with due regard to fire safety.
Who needs Fire Warden Training?
Under UK HSE legislation fire warden and fire marshal training is required at places of work where staff members have been nominated as Fire Marshals and Fire Wardens. The training course we provide ensures that your Fire Wardens are acting competently and in accordance with good practises and any specific company procedures. Click here to download a Training Course brochure.
Our three hour training course is suitable for fire wardens, fire marshals, fire marshal deputies, managers, supervisors and other members of staff that may have fire safety related responsibilities.
By the end of the training session course attendees will be able to:
- State their responsibilities as fire wardens
- Describe how fire spreads and the different types of fire extinguishers and the appropriate use
- Explain relevant fire procedures and why they are implemented
- Define the importance of evacuation plans and how to follow these in the event of a fire
- Detail the action to take upon discovery of a fire
- Describe methods of identifying and managing risks
- Explain human behaviour and what can be expected when in danger
- Detail the importance of and the required actions in fire drills and with record keeping
- The significant findings of your fire risk assessment (if required
All course attendees will be provided with a Fire Warden certificate valid for 3 years.