First Aid at Work (3 days)
Our fully approved three day First Aid at Work is a qualification aimed at those who wish to become a First Aider in the workplace, for the purposes of the requirements set by regulations and outcomes from risk assessments.
Why attend a First Aid at Work Training course?
Having qualified first aiders in the workplace is a requirement of employers. Persons gaining this qualification will know that First Aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment. Its topics are regarded as important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment and ill heath in the workplace. Click here to download a Training Course brochure.
By the end of the training session the delegates will be able to:
- Define their role as a first aider in the workplace.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adults using a mannequin doll.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially or a completely blocked airway.
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding.
- Describe signs and symptoms of shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage and administer first aid to casualties suffering from minor injuries.
- Detail how to treat small cuts, bruises, minor burns and small splinters.
- State first aid treatment for injuries related to bones, muscles, joints, spine, chest, and eyes.
- Describe how to treat a casualty with a burn or scald, with poisoning and with anaphylactic shock.
- Define how to identify and treat a casualty suffering from a heart attack, stroke, asthma and diabetic attack.
All course attendees will be provided with a First Aid at Work (3 days) certificate valid for 3 years.