Why should you attend Paediatric First Aid Training?Our Paediatric First Aid Training Course is in line with the Statutory Frame work for the Early Years foundation stage. It is suitable for child minders, nursery and school staff and anybody who deals with children or who wants a more in depth course.
Looking after children carries professional and moral responsibilities.Our 2 day course has an overall aim and objective to enhance the knowledge and skills of course participants in regard to their responsibilities and associated actions as Paediatric First Aiders.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for children and infants using a practice doll.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway.
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding.
- Describe signs and symptoms of shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage a casualty with a burn and with other minor injuries.
- Describe the common types of fractures and how to manage a fracture or a dislocation.
- Demonstrate how to manage a suspected head, back or neck injury.
- Describe how to offer first aid to a child or infant with a foreign body in their eyes, ears or nose.
- Describe how to recognise and manage illnesses such as sickle cell anaemia, diabetes, asthma, meningitis and febrile convulsions.
- State the first aid protocols for handling burns, scalds, poisoning, bites and stings.
- All course attendees will be provided with a Paediatric First Aid (2 days) Training certificate valid for 3 years.