Fire breaches found at Wolverhampton property

A landlord from Wolverhampton has been handed a £34k fine for breaching a number of housing rules, including regarding fire safety, at an HMO under his ownership.

Fire hazards, electrical issues, damp and a large pile of waste were all found at the property when council inspectors visited in June.

That inspection followed confirmation that no approval had been sought for the conversion of the property to flats, therefore confirming it was a HMO and should be regulated under the HMO regulations.

The property consisted of two sets of flats - 11 flats in total of which seven were being lived in.

District Judge Murray said: "It was clear that the property was a high fire risk and that candles were being used at the property which also had loose wiring.

Read More -