Numerous fire safety breaches costs owners £50,000 in fines and costs.
UK Fire Safety News
An accidental fire at a shop in a village near Bridgend, Wales has led to the owners receiving a substantial fine for failing to meet a number of regulations.
A Crown Court was told that a huge explosion which injured eight staff at a Surrey industrial site, five seriously, including one who was placed in an induced coma and was hospitalised for almost four months, occurred because of a failure to carry out fire risk assessments.
A house rented to seven students had inadequate fire doors and a broken smoke alarm, the magistrates court in Reading,
A York hotel has been handed a huge fine totalling over £120,000 after a string of fire safety offences were uncovered at the property, placing guests at risk.
A landlord from Wolverhampton has been handed a £34k fine for breaching a number of housing rules, including regarding fire safety, at an HMO under his ownership.
More Articles ...
- Faulty appliances 'cause 60 fires a week'
- Devon And Somerset Fire And Rescue Service Facing 24% Budget Cuts
- No-Smoking Policies - Request for Enforcement
- Mosque Fire Treated as Suspicious
- Time Out Fire Affects Latest Edition
- Fourteen people rescued in Stirling fire
- Fire at National Library of Wales
- Arson arrest Sheffield ski centre
- LFB - sprinkler installation in care homes
- Backpackers evacuated from Inverness hostel blaze
- Former rock music venue destroyed in Birmingham
- Glasgow Steiner school fire
- Landlord Given Suspended Sentence
- Death in Flat Fire in Cambuslang
- Thatched House Fire in Thurston
- Northampton house fire - Four taken to hospital
- Fire in School - Staff and Pupils Praised
- Cheshire nightclub destroyed in blaze
- Sandhill Park Fire - Four jailed
- Putney house fire: Man's body found
- Wrexham Maelor hospital wards evacuated after fire
- Seven people rescued from burning flat in Gwynedd
- Derelict House Fire in Somerset
- Investigations underway after fire exit blaze
- Glasgow City Centre Fire
- Fire Safety Awareness - Devon & Somerset
- Investigation underway into Brighton restaurant fire
- Inquest Opens into Lakanal House Fire
- Crawley Fire - Block of Flats Evacuated
- Fourteen people die in Workshop for Disabled