A landlord who took advantage of a tenant by 'forcing' them to live in a nightmare property which had electrical faults, no fire alarms and insecure windows has been fined.
UK Fire Safety News
A Birmingham landlord has been handed a record breaking fine for breaching fire safety rules at Houses of Multiple occupation under her ownership.
A woman has died following a fire at a care home for adults with learning disabilities in north-east London.
Numerous fire safety breaches costs owners £50,000 in fines and costs.
An accidental fire at a shop in a village near Bridgend, Wales has led to the owners receiving a substantial fine for failing to meet a number of regulations.
A Crown Court was told that a huge explosion which injured eight staff at a Surrey industrial site, five seriously, including one who was placed in an induced coma and was hospitalised for almost four months, occurred because of a failure to carry out fire risk assessments.
More Articles ...
- Landlord fined for lack of fire safety and no HMO licence
- Massive £120k fine for 'fire trap' hotel
- Fire breaches found at Wolverhampton property
- Faulty appliances 'cause 60 fires a week'
- Devon And Somerset Fire And Rescue Service Facing 24% Budget Cuts
- No-Smoking Policies - Request for Enforcement
- Mosque Fire Treated as Suspicious
- Time Out Fire Affects Latest Edition
- Fourteen people rescued in Stirling fire
- Fire at National Library of Wales
- Arson arrest Sheffield ski centre
- LFB - sprinkler installation in care homes
- Backpackers evacuated from Inverness hostel blaze
- Former rock music venue destroyed in Birmingham
- Glasgow Steiner school fire
- Landlord Given Suspended Sentence
- Death in Flat Fire in Cambuslang
- Thatched House Fire in Thurston
- Northampton house fire - Four taken to hospital
- Fire in School - Staff and Pupils Praised
- Cheshire nightclub destroyed in blaze
- Sandhill Park Fire - Four jailed
- Putney house fire: Man's body found
- Wrexham Maelor hospital wards evacuated after fire
- Seven people rescued from burning flat in Gwynedd
- Derelict House Fire in Somerset
- Investigations underway after fire exit blaze
- Glasgow City Centre Fire
- Fire Safety Awareness - Devon & Somerset
- Investigation underway into Brighton restaurant fire