Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day)
This HSE approved qualification came into effect on 1st October 2009, along with new guidance on assessing the needs of First Aid in your workplace.
Do your staff members need first aid training?
Your risk assessment of First Aid needs may well identify the need for Emergency First Aiders either as an addition to your First Aiders, or where the risk of your business is low, it may well identify them as being sufficient without the need of additional First Aiders. Click here to download a Training Course brochure
The course can be split into two or three parts to allow participants to undertake the learning with other work/personal commitments.
By the end of the Emergency First Aid at Work Course the attendies will be able to:
- Define their role as an emergency first aider.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Identify first aid equipment and how to use it.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) using a mannequin doll.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding
- Describe signs and symptoms of shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage a casualty with a burn and with other minor injuries.
All course attendees will be provided with a Emergency First Aid at work (1 day) certificate valid for 3 years.